It’s easy for hotel guests to become overwhelmed by the number of new brands and competition from short term rentals. While renovations can be costly and time-consuming, hotel amenities can make your property stand out among the rest.
How do you make it all possible – being original, earning 5-star guest reviews and generating social media buzz without having to drop rates?
Let’s get back to basics, and see how we can improve the guest experience. Think about the problems you have while traveling. What amenities do you wish you had?
Today’s guests are looking for novelty and utility. They expect to be surprised by hotel amenities they will actually use. Westin has partnered with New Balance to offer running shoes for guests who travel and want to keep up their exercise routine.
This article will briefly discuss the essential amenities for every hotel and then we’ll dive into 21 exclusive amenities that will help win guests’ hearts.
Essential Hotel Amenities (Basics Checklist, Toiletries, etc. )
Before we get into the details of our unique amenities, let’s make sure that every hotel is covered. These amenities were once a major selling point for hotels. But they are now standard. These amenities are expected to be available at no cost when guests are staying in hotels.
1. Toiletries (e.g. Shampoo, lotion, etc.)
2. Personal care: combs, razors, shampoo, conditioner, and hair dryer.
3. Coffee Kit (maker, creamer and coffee maker)
4. Tissue box
5. Slippers and bathrobes
Are you ready to take your business to the next level. To be more competitive with vacation rental properties, many hotels offer higher-quality amenities. These amenities are great for hotels that are located in areas where Airbnb is a strong competitor or just to gain a competitive edge.
6. Breakfast is free: Guests are looking to save money while still enjoying the convenience of having breakfast prepared and served in their room. Hotels can compete with short-term rental properties by offering a free breakfast option.
7. You have options for pillows: Many guests are allergic to or prefer certain types of pillows. To make your hotel more homey, you can offer down, foam and hypoallergenic pillows.
8. Access WiFi free of charge: Do you remember the days when hotel WiFi cost $20 per day? Some hotels remain stuck in this era. Free WiFi has become an expectation just like shampoo. Some guests may find no free WiFi to be a deal-breaker. You want to go beyond the ordinary? You can stream your favorite TV to guests via Netflix using your hotel TVs.
9. Parking is free: This is another way to beat short-term rentals. Short-term rentals may include parking. If your hotel charges for parking, this is another reason to choose an Airbnb. To find out the trends in parking, we recommend researching short-term rentals in your area. Valet parking is more common in upscale hotels.
10. Premium coffee: Upgrade your in-room coffee offerings by switching out the low-quality packets of coffee from a local roaster for fresh beans or a Nespresso machine. You might consider installing a lobby machine that can make cappuccinos or lattes if upgrading your in-room coffee is not possible.
11. Gym or fitness centre: Today’s guest won’t compromise their fitness routine while on the road. Guests will be able to enjoy discounted rates at nearby gyms or even free classes.